Sunday, November 21, 2010

Dropping of the fuel tank

I was able to spend some time yesterday working on the car. I am still unable to get the brake drum loose, so I put some PB Blaster on it, and tapped the screws with a hammer and screwdriver to try to work the lubricant into the threads.

So since I was stymied there, I went back to work on the gas tank.











This is what I found under that circular plate in the trunk. I'm assuming it's the fuel sender.


So once that was disconnected, I proceeded to drop the tank. I set a 5 gallon bucket under the tank as I released the straps so it wouldn't fall all the way to the floor.
Once it was loose, I pulled it out from under the car. Unfortunately, it is full of 25 year old fuel! I am currently trying to figure out the best way to get rid of it. What kind of container should I empty it into? I checked with my local recycling center, and they would not take it. I'd prefer not to just open the tank and let it evaporate. Any ideas?











The tank is out! Now, how to clean it....

No comments:

Post a Comment